Data Protection Bill (to repeal and replace the Data Protection Act, 1998)
Privacy Notice – commercial activities
Ritchie Catering Equipment Limited
315 Hartshill Road, Stoke on Trent, ST4 7NR
Person with responsibility for data protection compliance
within the Company
Julie Bloor, Director,
who can be contacted via email at Julie@ritchies-ltd.com
What information does Ritchie collect?
- Ritchie Catering Equipment Limited (Ritchie, the Company) collects and processes personal data and information as an integral part of its wide-ranging commercial operations and business development activities. This Notice tells you how Ritchie manages any personal information it holds about you.
- Ritchie is committed to meeting its data protection obligations. If you decide to give us personal information as part of establishing or maintaining a commercial and/or business relationship, this information will be held and processed by Ritchie in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
As part of this, the Company recognises the proper obligations upon it to protect your privacy. The Company is also committed to being transparent about how it uses the personal information collected as part of its commercial and business development activities.
- Ritchie collects and processes a range of information about you. Together with your areas of business activity and interest, the personal information collected will include your name, your Company and/or employer’s name, your job title, your business address, and your business contact email address, telephone numbers, and social media contact details.
- Ritchie collects this information in a variety of ways. You may have chosen to give us the personal information because you wanted the Company to process a business request for you.
These types of request often include, for example, providing you with information about the Company’s products or services, or to provide a business proposal and/or quotation, or to place an order or commission a contracted production and delivery assignment. You may have given us your personal information by direct contact with the Company, initiated by you. Alternatively, you may have given us your personal information as part of a business meeting or as part of the wide range of professional conference, promotional, networking and trade body activities that Ritchie participates in.
Ritchie does not generally collect personal information about you from third parties. Where this does occur, Ritchie will only do this with your express prior consent. Ritchie will also let you know if personal information about you is collected from other open or public sources, including the internet and social media platforms. The Company does not use your information to create a ‘profile’ about you.
- Personal information about you will be stored in a number of different places. These include the Company’s commercial contact database, the Company’s marketing and sales database and CRM system, the Company’s email system and the mobile telephones provided to and used by Company employees.
Why does Ritchie process personal information?
- Ritchie offers a range of specialised products and commercial services which, if you choose to use them, will require information from you in order for the Company to fulfil your requirements. The Company collects, controls, and processes personal information for a number of purposes, including –
- To process information as part of entering into a commercial contract with you and/or your employing organisation, and to meet its obligations under any such contract, including payment and related financial transactions
- To process and perform the delivery of products and services you have requested, and including the supply of business-related information about Ritchie and the Company’s range of products and services
- To help the Company to create and deliver content about products and services that will be most relevant to your business needs
- To alert you to new products and services and other business-related information, including up-dated delivery times and pricing information
- To make on-going contact between you and Ritchie easier, by not requiring you to enter your personal information more than once
- To enable the Company to undertake standard business analysis, including charting business development trends to inform future marketing and sales plans, and to inform the future development of the Company’s products and services
This commercial and business-related information relates to the products and services available directly from Ritchie.
- Ritchie recognises and respects that personal information will only be used for the purposes for which it was supplied. The Company also recognises that you may not wish to be contacted again after the original reason for establishing contact has been fulfilled.
You can opt-out of receiving information from Ritchie at any time by contacting Julie Bloor, Director, at Julie@ritchies-ltd.com You can opt-out from receiving all information from the Company, or from receiving specific categories of information designated by you.
Who has access to the information?
- Your personal information will be shared internally with Company employed colleagues where access to the data is necessary for the performance of their job roles and the delivery of products and services to you.
- Ritchie may disclose your personal information to others in connection with any legal or prospective legal proceedings, and/or in order to establish, exercise or defend the Company’s legal rights and/or obligations.
- Ritchie will not, without your express prior consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Ritchie will not normally transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
In any circumstances where this becomes necessary, the information will only be transferred with your express prior permission. In all circumstances the information will be controlled and processed in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Notice.
How does Ritchie protect data?
- Ritchie takes very seriously the security of the personal data and information it controls and processes for commercial and business-related purposes.
The Company takes all reasonable technical and organisational precautions and measures to prevent loss, accidental destruction, misuse, alteration, or disclosure of your personal information. These measures include use of a secure database, together with internal policies and controls to protect personal data. These internal controls also ensure that access to personal information is restricted, and cannot be accessed other than by properly authorised persons in the proper performance of their duties with Ritchie.
All Company employees and associates are properly briefed about the responsibility to keep your personal information secure.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure. Ritchie cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- Ritchie does not buy or sell personal information.
- Where the Company engages third party associates or service providers to process personal information on its behalf, such parties operate in accordance with the appropriate Ritchie control policies and arrangements. Additionally, the contract for service with such associates includes express duties of confidentiality and non-disclosure, together with an obligation to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of personal data and information.
For how long does Ritchie keep personal information?
- Ritchie will hold your personal information for the duration of your commercial and business-related contact with the Company.
- Ritchie will hold your personal information after the end of your commercial and business-related contact with the Company for 6 years, in accordance with the UK Limitation Act. In the case of financial information, the retention period will be 6 years from the end of the financial year in which the transaction was made.
- After the applicable period the information will be archived or safely destroyed.
Your individual rights and responsibilities
- As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can –
- Access and obtain a copy of your personal information on request
- Require the Company to change incorrect or incomplete personal information
- Require the Company to delete or stop processing your personal information eg where the information is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- Object to the processing of your personal information where the Company is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
- If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact Julie Bloor, Director, at Julie@ritchies-ltd.com Julie is the person with responsibility for data protection compliance within Ritchie.
- The Company recognises that the personal information in holds about you is likely to change over time. For example, you may change your employer, or your job role and contact details may change.
Ritchie will, as part of it’s normal good housekeeping, periodically undertake appropriate data up-dating and cleansing operations. However, if the personal information the Company holds about you needs to be corrected or updated, it is always helpful if you are able to promptly notify required changes to Julie@ritchies-ltd.com
- If you believe that Ritchie has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.